Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Working with new teams

When first meeting with a new club its very important that you ask the right questions. In recent times I have had a number of meetings with clubs about next season and I always like to find out the coaches philosophy on training and playing. The reason being at the end of the day they are your boss and you are employed to do a job for them and the players. I know I can get players conditioned to play but what about if the coaches ideas of training are very different to yours. I had a meeting last week with a very good coach who has been very successful. He was very pleasant but at this stage our ideas are quite different which is fine as Im always willing to compromise to a point but not if its totally against my philosophy. Sometimes it may be better not to work with teams if there is too much of a compromise and at the end of the day they may be happier to have someone else and this is all o'k. One size does not fit all in athletic development.

No comments: